Turkey Global City Experience Trip
Take a deep dive into the biblical and cultural riches of the early Christian Church
As a part of the trip, we will have the unique opportunity to go on a tour of the Seven Churches of Revelation. Pastor Rod, along with some of our global city leaders will guide us through the biblical and historical sites of the churches during this remarkable experience.
We’ll hear echoes of those age-old letters to first-century congregations in Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea. It will be an incredible opportunity to see the book of Revelation and the related material from Luke and Paul take on a new depth that no book study could provide!
The exact tour itinerary is still being confirmed, but this is a sample of what will be included in the experience:
Evening Flight from Dulles to Istanbul
Arrival Day; Dinner with The Istanbul Projekt Team; Overnight in Istanbul (2 nights)
Explore many key sights in Istanbul with the Istanbul Projekt Team while learning about how God is working through this exciting new church plant.
Flight to Izmir; Visit Smyrna Agora and St. Policarp Church. Overnight in Izmir (3 nights).
Spend a full day exploring the captivating sites in Pergamum Acropolis and wander through Thyatira, a modern thriving city.
Spend a full day visiting the matchless remains of Ephesus, including the marvelous Slope Houses, Basilica of John and the Aegean Sea.
Spend a full and fascinating day visiting first the city-center ruins of Philadelphia, and Hierapolis. We'll soak our feet in the thermal travertines at Pamukkale, and then bathe in the thermal pools of the Doğa Thermal Hotel, where we'll dine and overnight (1 night).
Visit the magnificent ruins of Laodicea and then let our imaginations run wild with an enchanting visit to Colossae, home of Epaphras, Philemon, and Onesimus. Afterward we'll have a relaxing and scenic drive to the Mediterranean coast and Antalya where we will overnight (2 nights).
Spend the day taking in Perga, Antalya and the St. Paul Cultural Center of ministry and hear about God at work in this area.
Fly from Antalya back to Dulles
The cost per-person is $2,200 USD which shall be received in two payments. There is a $400 single supplement charge in addition for those wishing to travel with single room accommodations.
- Round-trip Airfare on Turkish Airways
- 2 nights at Double Tree by Hilton Moda in Istanbul
- 3 nights at a 4-star hotel in Izmir (Movenpick or similar)
- 1 night at a 4-star hotel in Pamukkale (Doga Thermal of similar)
- 2 nights at a 4-star hotel in Antalya (Best Western Khan or similar)
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary with entrance fees included
- Daily breakfast buffets at hotels
- 8 dinners
- English speaking Bible-oriented licensed tour guides (along with Rod and our global city partners)
- Transfers & transportation by private A/C bus (42 seats)
- Biblical map of Turkey, Tutku bag, t-shirt, round-ended electric adaptor
- Tips to hotel and restaurant staff
- Portage for one piece of luggage at the hotels
- Service charges and local taxes
- Lunches and drinks
- Tips to tour guides and drivers
- Turkish visa fee – to be obtained online before travel at evisa.gov.tr
- Personal expenses, trip insurance, souvenirs