Turkey Global City Experience Trip
Take a deep dive into the biblical and cultural riches of the early Christian Church
As a part of the trip, we will have the unique opportunity to go on a tour of the Seven Churches of Revelation. Pastor Rod, along with some of our global city leaders will guide us through the biblical and historical sites of the churches during this remarkable experience.
We’ll hear echoes of those age-old letters to first-century congregations in Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laodicea. It will be an incredible opportunity to see the book of Revelation and the related material from Luke and Paul take on a new depth that no book study could provide!
The exact tour itinerary is still being confirmed, but this is a sample of what will be included in the experience:
Monday, April 13
Evening Flight from Dulles to Istanbul
Tuesday, April 14
Arrival Day; Dinner with The Istanbul Projekt Team; Overnight in Istanbul (2 nights)
Wednesday, April 15
Explore many key sights in Istanbul with the Istanbul Projekt Team while learning about how God is working through this exciting new church plant.
Thursday, April 16
Flight to Izmir; Visit Smyrna Agora and St. Policarp Church. Overnight in Izmir (3 nights).
Friday, April 17
Spend a full day exploring the captivating sites in Pergamum Acropolis and wander through Thyatira, a modern thriving city.
Saturday, April 18
Spend a full day visiting the matchless remains of Ephesus, including the marvelous Slope Houses, Basilica of John and the Aegean Sea.
Sunday, April 19
Spend a full and fascinating day visiting first the city-center ruins of Philadelphia, and Hierapolis. We'll soak our feet in the thermal travertines at Pamukkale, and then bathe in the thermal pools of the Doğa Thermal Hotel, where we'll dine and overnight (1 night).
Monday, April 20
Visit the magnificent ruins of Laodicea and then let our imaginations run wild with an enchanting visit to Colossae, home of Epaphras, Philemon, and Onesimus. Afterward we'll have a relaxing and scenic drive to the Mediterranean coast and Antalya where we will overnight (2 nights).
Tuesday, April 21
Spend the day taking in Perga, Antalya and the St. Paul Cultural Center of ministry and hear about God at work in this area.
Wednesday, April 22
Fly from Antalya back to Dulles
The cost per-person is $2,200 USD which shall be received in two payments. The first payment of $1,100 USD is due by Jan. 5, which will reserve a place in the tour and pay for your flight. The second payment of $1,100 is due by April 1, prior to departure. There is a $400 single supplement charge in addition for those wishing to travel with single room accommodations.
- Round-trip Airfare on Turkish Airways
- 2 nights at Double Tree by Hilton Moda in Istanbul
- 3 nights at a 4-star hotel in Izmir (Movenpick or similar)
- 1 night at a 4-star hotel in Pamukkale (Doga Thermal of similar)
- 2 nights at a 4-star hotel in Antalya (Best Western Khan or similar)
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary with entrance fees included
- Daily breakfast buffets at hotels
- 8 dinners
- English speaking Bible-oriented licensed tour guides (along with Rod and our global city partners)
- Transfers & transportation by private A/C bus (42 seats)
- Biblical map of Turkey, Tutku bag, t-shirt, round-ended electric adaptor
- Tips to hotel and restaurant staff
- Portage for one piece of luggage at the hotels
- Service charges and local taxes
- Lunches and drinks
- Tips to tour guides and drivers
- Turkish visa fee – to be obtained online before travel at evisa.gov.tr
- Personal expenses, trip insurance, souvenirs