The Advisory Council at Fairfax
- Provide counsel to the President to insure that the Corporation is effectively accomplishing its stated purpose.
- Approve the annual budget of the Corporation.
- Approve all long-term debt assumed by the Corporation.
- Ensure that an examination of the Corporation’s financial records is completed at least annually by an independent accounting firm.
- Advise the Senior Pastor concerning processes for reconciliation, restoration and, if needed, discipline in the event that the pastoral staff, support staff, ministry leaders or any member of the church is unfaithful to the trust they have been given.
- In the event that the Senior Pastor dies, resigns, or is removed from office, the Advisory Council is responsible for appointing a new Senior Pastor by a unanimous vote of all Advisory Council members then in office.
- Approve the commissioning, licensing and/or ordaining of ministry staff in accordance with recommended guidelines approved by the Advisory Council.
The Advisory Council can range in number from 5-8 members, including the President, who serves as an ex-officio member. Of the seven members who are not the President, five are appointed from the lay constituency of the Church, and two are appointed from outside of the Church. The two members chosen from outside of the Church must be recognized leaders in the Church of God, Anderson, Indiana.
The officers of the Corporation are the President (Senior Pastor), the Secretary, and the Treasurer, and are each appointed by the Advisory Council. The President serves on the Advisory Council in an ex officio capacity, while the Secretary and Treasurer do not serve on the Council.
Council members are appointed by the Advisory Council for a term of three (3) years, or until their successors are appointed and qualify in their stead. Members must subscribe to the Statement of Faith of Fairfax Church and be a confessing Christian who reflect a life of holiness and manifest the fruits of the Spirit. Advisory Council members do not receive any compensation for their services.
The Advisory Council convenes four times per year for business meetings. Three of these meetings are in-person at the church and one meeting is held online.
About the Advisory Council
As stated in the Bylaws of the Fairfax Community Church of God Corporation, the Advisory Council of the Church serves as the Board of Directors of the Corporation. The property and business of Fairfax Church is managed under the governance of the Advisory Council. The Advisory Council’s duties include, but are not limited to:
Have Further Questions?
If you have any questions concerning the function of our Advisory Council or our Church Bylaws, you may contact the Secretary of the Advisory Council, Valerie Nolan at email@example.com.
Our Fairfax Kids Team
Our Student Ministries Team
Our Discipleship & Engagement Team
Our Care Team
Our Outreach Team
Our Creative Arts Team
Our Operations Team
Our Trellis Program
Now that you met us, we would like to meet you!
Check out our available positions.