We consider weddings to be a worship service – a time to celebrate and affirm your love for each other, as well as a time to give thanks to God for all of His gifts. Marriage is meant to reflect the relationship Christ has with His Church. We believe that when marriage is fashioned after God’s loving design it blesses not only the couple and the family they create but also the church and community as a whole, bringing glory to God.
The Looking Toward Marriage course is designed for engaged couples, those considering marriage, and those that have been married for less than one year.
The class is required of all couples being married by one of our pastors, and should be completed at least three months prior to the wedding date.
Topics covered include spiritual growth in marriage, communication and conflict resolution styles, finances, roles and expectation, and intimacy.Sign Up
Because of the different pastor’s individual schedules we may not be able to accommodate your request. We cannot confirm a specific pastor’s availability until three months prior to the wedding date. Our pastors are available to perform wedding ceremonies in, or nearby, the Northern Virginia area.
Pastors are unavailable to officiate on Thanksgiving holiday weekend (Thursday-Sunday), and during the Christmas and New Year holiday time (Dec. 24 - Jan.1). Pastor Rod Stafford is unable to perform weddings on Saturday or Sunday, due to weekend worship service schedule.
Each state has its own requirements relating to marriage licenses. In Virginia, the clerk or the deputy clerk of any circuit court in any county or city in the Commonwealth issues a license for marriage. Both parties must appear before the Clerk to obtain a license. The ceremony may be performed anywhere in Virginia within 60 days of the date that the license is obtained. Contact any circuit court, or check on-line for detailed information about obtaining your license. Requirements in other states or the District of Columbia can also be found online.
Your license should be given to the Officiating Pastor or Wedding Advisor at your wedding rehearsal.
DEADLINES LEADING UP TO YOUR BIG DAY
- Reserve the Great Room and any other rooms needed from your wedding (Bride’s room, Groom’s room, Photographer’s room, etc.)
- $200 deposit due
- Your Officiating Pastor will be identified
- Arrange to meet with your pastor to begin ceremony conversations
- Meet with your church liaison to discuss details of the set up for your wedding. This includes any decoration ideas or concerns.*
*Only applies to couples having their ceremony at Fairfax Church.
- Meet with your officiating pastor to finalize ceremony details
- Inform your photographer/videographer of the policies regarding photography and videography during your ceremony
- Your Audio-Visual Technician will be identified
- Pay all remaining fees for your wedding ceremony
- Submit a CD/DVD with all song lyrics, images, music, etc.
- Submit a printed, detailed order of service. This should include all sound needs, including microphones, screens, and set-up requirements for instruments. Include arrival times for bride groom, attendants, photographers, and any vendors.*
- Submit a schedule of photography.*
*Applies only to couples having their ceremony at Fairfax Church.