Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding! Many couples spend hours and hours planning their wedding but fail to make that same time investment in planning their married life together. We encourage you as a couple to take advantage of this time to prepare for marriage. We pray that during these weeks and months of preparation and planning, you will enjoy what God is doing in your relationship, as you learn to serve each other and glorify God. We take this preparation process very seriously and hope you will too. It is important that you honor the time deadlines that are pointed out under “Deadlines Leading Up To Your Wedding Day”.
Fairfax Church believes that marriage is the holy union of a man and a woman in which the couple commits to building a loving, faithful, Christ-centered relationship that will last a lifetime. Marriage is meant to reflect the relationship Christ has with His Church. We believe that when marriage is fashioned after God’s loving design it blesses not only the couple and the family they create but also the church and community as a whole, bringing glory to God.
Couples who would like to have their wedding ceremony at Fairfax Church and/or have one of the pastors at Fairfax Church officiate their wedding ceremony at another venue need to meet the following requirements:
- Be followers of Jesus Christ.
- At least one of the partners should regard Fairfax Church as their home church and be a regular attender at worship services.
- Complete and submit the “Wedding Request” form.
- Complete and submit the “Premarital Questionnaire”, and participate in a premarital counseling session.
- Participate together in our Looking Toward Marriage classes, which are held throughout the year.
- Agree to and sign the Purity Promise Covenant.
- Meet with the pastor who will officiate your wedding ceremony.
Engaged couples that do not currently consider Fairfax Church to be their church home should regularly attend worship services for at least six months prior to the wedding and meet all other requirements above.