Fairfax Community Church is a great place to work! Our staff team works hard at fostering the community that calls this place home. Benefits for full-time staff include a health plan with no premium and three weeks of vacation every year!
Provides direct oversight to Production and Technical contractors and volunteers, as assigned by Executive Director of Worship. Oversees any and all production elements in the main sanctuary as it pertains to weekend worship services. This includes all special holiday services and our quarterly Night of Worship.
- Assess future technology needs and works with the EDW to implement purchase strategies and timelines.
- Produce all weekend worship services: ProPresenter, Broadcast, and Lighting.
- Program lighting and/or work closely with contracted LD to ensure high quality visual worship experience. Not always looking for “flashy”, rather tasteful.
- Drive initiatives from conception to completion, working with product owners and key staff members while contributing to long-range strategy planning.
- Provide fast and effective solutions to all AVL hardware and software difficulties on campus in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Lead, recruit, train, and schedule all live production volunteer and contractor team members.
- Consultancy and technical support to other ministries.
- Weekly Service Planning/Review Meetings with Worship Staff
- Conceptualize quarterly stage designs and implement alongside contractors.
- Lighting and Video gear oversight, maintenance, and purchasing.
Requirements3 – 5 years of experience in the following areas:
- Large venue production experience in a lead role
- Engineering and troubleshooting lighting and video
- Overseeing camera operations in a live, multi-camera environment
- Detailed knowledge of hardware and software broadcast video environments, switchers with multiple camera processing, keyed computer graphics, and presentation software.
- Detailed knowledge of projectors, displays and video transmission.
- Detailed knowledge of intelligent, theatrical, LED, and DMX processing of lighting.
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Fairfax Community Church.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and move up and down stairs on a regular basis. This positions is 95% indoors and 5% outdoors.
Other Helpful Skills
- Planning Center
- Adobe Premiere
- DMX protocol
- RoadHog4-Lighting Console
- BlackMagic Switchers
- SDI/HDMI Camera Connections
- Wirecast or other broadcast streaming software
- Constructing and designing set elements
- Training and teaching volunteers
- Solving Technical Issues Quickly
- Equipment maintenance
One Year Paid Program
Fairfax Fellows is a 12-month leadership development program for future pastors and church leaders located just outside Washington, D.C. at Fairfax Community Church. You’ll gain hands-on experience and be coached by some of the best church leaders in the country. Wherever your talents lie, we want to journey with you as you learn and grow in your calling.
- Considering a career in vocational church ministry or leadership
- Nearing the end or has recently completed undergraduate degree
- Able to agree to and sign the Staff Covenant and Expectations document
Ministry Area of ChoiceBased on individual interests and the changing needs of departments.
- Children’s Ministry
- Student Ministry
- Community Life
- Hospitality & Coffee Shop