Fairfax Community Church is a great place to work! Our staff team works hard at fostering the community that calls this place home. Benefits for full-time staff include a health plan with no premium and three weeks of vacation every year!
The Media Manager & Graphic Designer will help to build engagement within our community through digital and print media. This position will conceptualize and create content that is important to Fairfax Community Church in our mission to love our neighbors and see them raised to life in Christ.
- Primary designer for both internal and external print and digital media including: Sermon & Event Branding, Promotional Materials, Social Media Content, web graphics, large format signage, etc.
- Manages video contractors to develop visual storytelling initiatives.
- Communicate with departmental ‘clients’ during each phase of a project using JIRA, our project management program.
- Curates the church’s online presence, including website domain management, page design, and content upkeep.
- Serves as the main point of contact for external print and web vendors, contractors, and partners on projects.
3—5 years of experience in the following areas:
- B.A. in Design, Marketing, or related discipline
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Experience with Premiere Pro and After Effects preferred
- General understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with WordPress or a similar content management system
- Highly organized and efficient
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Fairfax Community Church
One Year Paid Program
Fairfax Fellows is a 12-month leadership development program for future pastors and church leaders located just outside Washington, D.C. at Fairfax Community Church. You’ll gain hands-on experience and be coached by some of the best church leaders in the country. Wherever your talents lie, we want to journey with you as you learn and grow in your calling.
- Considering a career in vocational church ministry or leadership
- Nearing the end or has recently completed undergraduate degree
- Able to agree to and sign the Staff Covenant and Expectations document
Ministry Area of Choice
Based on individual interests and the changing needs of departments.
- Children’s Ministry
- Student Ministry
- Community Life
- Hospitality & Coffee Shop