Fairfax Community Church is a great place to work! Our staff team works hard at fostering the community that calls this place home. Benefits for full-time staff include a health plan with no premium and three weeks of vacation every year!
The Media Manager & Graphic Designer will help to build engagement within our community through digital and print media. This position will conceptualize and create content that is important to Fairfax Community Church in our mission to love our neighbors and see them raised to life in Christ.
- Primary designer for both internal and external print and digital media including: Sermon & Event Branding, Promotional Materials, Social Media Content, web graphics, large format signage, etc.
- Manages video contractors to develop visual storytelling initiatives.
- Communicate with departmental ‘clients’ during each phase of a project using JIRA, our project management program.
- Curates the church’s online presence, including website domain management, page design, and content upkeep.
- Serves as the main point of contact for external print and web vendors, contractors, and partners on projects.
3—5 years of experience in the following areas:
- B.A. in Design, Marketing, or related discipline
- Extensive experience with Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Experience with Premiere Pro and After Effects preferred
- General understanding of HTML and CSS
- Experience with WordPress or a similar content management system
- Highly organized and efficient
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Fairfax Community Church
A full-time, salaried position at 40 hours a week designed to grow and develop the elementary Large Group experience here at Fairfax.
- Functions as an on-site CM staff person during services.
- Responsible for developing the elementary large group volunteer team. This includes, but not limited to, recruiting new volunteers, maintaining the volunteer schedule, planning socials, as well as developing the team through feedback and support on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for the implementation of the elementary large group curriculum. This includes, but not limited to, the creation of the monthly set design, editing of lessons, emailing the weekly update, the purchasing/creating/gathering of supplies, and leading volunteer rehearsals.
- Responsible for the implementation of worship within the elementary ministry which includes, but is not limited to, the development of the weekly ProPresenter, the development of play lists for each environment, choreographing motions for worship songs, and the development of training videos.
- Assists in creating content and posting on the Fairfax Kids social media profiles.
- Assists in with graphic design work for the Fairfax Kids team. This includes, but is not limited to, large group slides, social media posts, signage, events packages, bright signs, graphics for Fairfax Kids enews.
- Evaluating the functionality of the curriculum as well as the elementary worship experience on a consistent basis and problem solve accordingly.
- Assists with the ongoing training and development of the elementary large group volunteer team.
- Assists with the organization and security of the elementary large group environments and supplies.
- Responsible for Fellowship One work as required.
- Participate in various staff meetings, events, and conferences. This includes, but not limited to, All Staff Prayer, All Staff Lunch and Fairfax Kids Staff Meetings.
- Attends Fairfax Community Church and has a passion for leading children towards Jesus.
- Ability to manage a large group of volunteers and grow leaders.
- Organizational & planning skills – able to plan and coordinate logistics for multiple projects.
- Detail-oriented – able to keep track of multiple projects/information/deadlines.
- Technical skills – this position requires a person to be knowledgeable in various programs, software and equipment. Training will be provided.
- Proficient utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Skilled at problem solving – able to think of solutions at a moments notice and a creative problem solver.
- Positive, can-do attitude.
One Year Paid Program
Fairfax Fellows is a 12-month leadership development program for future pastors and church leaders located just outside Washington, D.C. at Fairfax Community Church. You’ll gain hands-on experience and be coached by some of the best church leaders in the country. Wherever your talents lie, we want to journey with you as you learn and grow in your calling.
- Considering a career in vocational church ministry or leadership
- Nearing the end or has recently completed undergraduate degree
- Able to agree to and sign the Staff Covenant and Expectations document
Ministry Area of Choice
Based on individual interests and the changing needs of departments.
- Children’s Ministry
- Student Ministry
- Community Life
- Hospitality & Coffee Shop