Fairfax Community Church is a great place to work! Our staff team works hard at fostering the community that calls this place home. Benefits for full-time staff include a health plan with no premium and three weeks of vacation every year!
The Director of Care is responsible for managing oversite and delivery of pastoral care to the congregation by our volunteer teams. The Director of Care will recruit, train and lead three teams of volunteers who will assist in caring for the congregation: Lay Counselors, Care Group Leaders and HELPS Team. The Director of Care will also develop and maintain database to keep records of pastoral activity.
Department: Community Care
Reports to: Pastor of Community Care
- Able to organize and co-ordinate logistics for team and volunteers.
- Oversee the scheduling of the counseling rooms and facilities for lay counselors
and care leader groups meetings.
- Ensure that all requests for pastoral care are responded to in a timely manner.
- Provide resources to leaders as needed.
- Help develop written materials and content for website and social media to reach
people in need of care.
- Actively participates in the delivery of pastoral care.
- Participate in weekly staff prayer, team meetings, regular professional
development activities and supervision.
- Aligns with the mission and vision of Fairfax Church.
- Desires to serve the local church and able to strategize to further the mission of
the team and the church.
- Has a developed sense of reliance on God for them so s/he can point to Christ as
- Possesses a high degree of emotional energy, mental alertness and willingness to
develop appropriate relationships with the people cared for.
- Has good interpersonal skills one–on-one or in-group formats.
- Possesses a naturally warm, trusting personality with ability to listen well and
provide wise Biblical counsel.
- Has some experience in the field of social work or experience in working with
people during transitions of life.
- Is detail-oriented and excellent with clear, written communication.
- Uses proficiency with computers and database management.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Valerie Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Social Media Coordinator will create and monitor all aspects of social media for Fairfax Church. This person will work closely with the Communications Director & Media Director, the Creative Arts Team, and other departments to produce relevant, creative, engaging, timely social media content on all platforms.
Department: Creative Arts
Reports to: Communications Director
- Create and manage church-wide content calendar, implement and curate content on all social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Work with volunteers to build and train up a dedicated social media team
- Be available during at least one service per weekend to capture and package relevant content from services
- Assist Fairfax Church departments with social media needs
- Be available for rapid response to inquiries and conversations on all social media channels
- Be available to monitor content on all channels regularly
- Desire and passion to serve Christ in the local church
- Familiarity with all popular social media channels with a strong understanding of different types of messaging
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, visual, written, and relational
- Team player who thrives on working on a team and providing support for the various departments and ministries
- Flexibility to plan and work on multiple projects simultaneously; effectively manage time and prioritize workload
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or related field—or comparable professional experience
- Early adopter and enthusiast of social media applications and technologies
- Solid knowledge of social media industry trends and analytic tools
- Attention to detail and accuracy, even on time-sensitive projects
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to turn around projects on short timelines
- Reflect Christ in your words and actions in your personal life and ministry
- In agreement with the Fairfax Church Leadership Covenant and Core Beliefs
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and social media writing samples to email@example.com.
One Year Paid Program
Fairfax Fellows is a 12-month leadership development program for future pastors and church leaders located just outside Washington, D.C. at Fairfax Community Church. You’ll gain hands-on experience and be coached by some of the best church leaders in the country. Wherever your talents lie, we want to journey with you as you learn and grow in your calling.
- Considering a career in vocational church ministry or leadership
- Nearing the end or has recently completed undergraduate degree
- Able to agree to and sign the Staff Covenant and Expectations document
Ministry Area of Choice
Based on individual interests and the changing needs of departments.
- Children’s Ministry
- Student Ministry
- Community Life
- Hospitality & Coffee Shop