Fairfax Community Church is a great place to work! Our staff team works hard at fostering the community that calls this place home. Benefits for full-time staff include a health plan with no premium and three weeks of vacation every year!
Following Jesus isn’t just an event on Sunday but a way of life. We believe one of the important first steps in being deeply formed in the way of Jesus is engagement in the local church. Our heart is to see people go from attendees on Sunday to engaged participants in the mission of Fairfax Church.
Whether it is welcoming and connecting new church members or facilitating deeper connection of current church members, our goal is to take the time to know each and every person’s story during the connection process so we personally guide each person to their next step. The Director of Engagement will strategically build, implement, and operate a churchwide connection process for newcomers that personally takes the time to know each person and guide them through the right next steps for church involvement. In addition the Director of Engagement will continually develop new strategies to mobilize and encourage current church attendees to deeper involvement in the church through various opportunities.
Through leadership, a passionate heart for people and a strategic mind for effective systems, the Director of Engagement will be critical to our team as we seek to love our neighbors and see them raised to life in Christ.
Department: Discipleship and Engagement
Reports to: Pastor of Discipleship and Engagement
- Develop, implement and operate a churchwide assimilation system that personally and efficiently ushers church attendees (both online and in-person) into deeper involvement in the church community.
- Meet with new individuals and families who are new to hear their story and personally guide them through the right next step for them to connect to the church.
- Recruit, train and lead a team of volunteers who will assist you in personally meeting with and guiding each new person into the right next steps for them regarding church involvement and spiritual growth.
- Oversee the collection, organization and follow up process of data from new church contacts
- Ensure contacts within the assimilation system are promptly followed up at each step by operating a tracking system.
- Creatively develop new strategies to mobilize church members to go from attendance to engagement through joining a group, serving, attending events and/or receiving care.
- Develop and consistently track churchwide metrics to measure the effectiveness of our assimilation process and overall church engagement.
- Collaborate with different ministry teams to cohesively connect their volunteer recruitment and connection systems together with a church wide system to ensure an efficient two way connection process.
- Create and oversee our welcome and connection area after each weekend service.
- Develop strategies to foster more engagement from online attendees after each weekend service.
- Assist in speaking into the overall website structure and strategy to promote more engagement
- Aligns with the vision, values, and overall mission of Fairfax Church.
- Organizational & Planning Skills – able to plan and coordinate logistics for multiple projects.
- Detail-oriented – able to pay close attention to detail when working with spreadsheets, documents, and written communications.
- Technical Skills – proficient with computers, spreadsheets, and database management.
- Writing Skills – able to express yourself clearly through written communication.
- Interpersonal Skills – able to listen and communicate effectively in one on one or small group formats.
- Warm and Hospitable – able and comfortable with warmly engaging with new people.
- Strategizing – has a mindset for continuously developing new strategies to further the mission of the ministry and church.
- Teamwork – able to work well and collaborate with others.
- Leadership – able to cast vision and lead teams of volunteers.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Valerie Nolan at email@example.com
One Year Paid Program
Fairfax Fellows is a 12-month leadership development program for future pastors and church leaders located just outside Washington, D.C. at Fairfax Community Church. You’ll gain hands-on experience and be coached by some of the best church leaders in the country. Wherever your talents lie, we want to journey with you as you learn and grow in your calling.
- Considering a career in vocational church ministry or leadership
- Nearing the end or has recently completed undergraduate degree
- Able to agree to and sign the Staff Covenant and Expectations document
Ministry Area of Choice
Based on individual interests and the changing needs of departments.
- Children’s Ministry
- Student Ministry
- Community Life
- Hospitality & Coffee Shop