Fairfax Community Church is a great place to work! Our staff team works hard at fostering the community that calls this place home. Benefits for full-time staff include a health plan with no premium and three weeks of vacation every year!
We are looking for a Maintenance Professional to join our Facilities Team. Basic duties
include: inspecting various equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative
maintenance when required; light plumbing and electrical work; painting and minor
Work Schedule: Full Time
Department: Facilities Team
Reports to: Facilities Director
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment
- Performing preventative maintenance
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures, as necessary
- Proven maintenance experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Related degree from a technical college preferred
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts
- Ability to read repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary, and understand
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices
- Experience performing routine maintenance
- Strong organizational and follow up skills
- Eye for detail
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually
- Strong time management skills
The Student Ministries team at Fairfax Community Church is looking for a full-time Director of Student Worship. In addition to leading from the platform, this person gives leadership to the worship team and works closely with the production staff and volunteers to execute the service.
The ideal candidate seeks excellence in his or her craft and leads others to do the same. He or she is passionate about discipling students to worship God and believes strongly that the team on stage must also prioritize their own worship in order to lead others. This person seeks to push their creative edge to better engage our students in worship during the service.
While this is a worship leader position, we are also interested in helping the right candidate develop other skills and interests that might help move forward the mission of Student Ministries. We want to see this person grow and learn in their role.
Department: Student Ministries
Reports to: Pastor to Students
- Lead worship from the platform
- Develop and nurture the team of musicians and vocalists
- Disciple students
- Work with the production team to execute the weekly worship services
- Lead worship at special events like retreats and trips
- Collaborate with the pastors to determine vision and direction for student worship
- Additional responsibilities and opportunities are available based on interest.
- Ability to lead worship from the platform
- Ability to recruit and retain musicians (adult and student) to participate in the worship service
- Proficient with Ableton Live set up, basic knowledge of audio & signal flow
- Planning Center Online & Song Select experience optional but preferred
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Valerie Nolan at firstname.lastname@example.org
One Year Paid Program
Fairfax Fellows is a 12-month leadership development program for future pastors and church leaders located just outside Washington, D.C. at Fairfax Community Church. You’ll gain hands-on experience and be coached by some of the best church leaders in the country. Wherever your talents lie, we want to journey with you as you learn and grow in your calling.
- Considering a career in vocational church ministry or leadership
- Nearing the end or has recently completed undergraduate degree
- Able to agree to and sign the Staff Covenant and Expectations document
Ministry Area of Choice
Based on individual interests and the changing needs of departments.
- Children’s Ministry
- Student Ministry
- Community Life
- Hospitality & Coffee Shop