The Meaning of Baptism
Who Should Be Baptized
Christians believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, salvation occurs only when a person places his or her faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as the sufficient payment for his or her sin. If you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, then you are ready to be baptized. Just like a bride and groom show others their love for one another by wearing wedding bands, your baptism is your opportunity to show others that you have accepted Christ and are now walking with Him. If you have not yet made this significant decision to place your faith in Christ and have a personal relationship with Him, we would love to talk to you and answer any questions you may have.
What Baptism Symbolizes
Baptism is a way of showing others that you have entered into a relationship with Jesus Christ. It symbolizes what took place in your heart at the time of salvation:
- Accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Shared in His death and resurrection, illustrated by going under the water (dead to your old life), then rising again (new life).
- Were symbolically washed clean, and sins were forgiven by His death on the cross.
Because Jesus instructed us to be baptized, baptism is an act of obedience. While it is not necessary for salvation, it demonstrates submission to God. We immerse at Fairfax Community Church because we believe Scripture shows that Jesus modeled that for us as the way to publicly acknowledge our faith in Him.
The Baptism Process
The baptism process at Fairfax Community Church has been designed to be both simple and meaningful. Here is what you need to do:
- Sign up for our next baptism event. Our next Baptism Event is during our weekend services on February 1 & 2, 2020.
- Someone will confirm your registration with you and answer any questions you may have.
- Get baptized during our Baptism Weekend and celebrate your new life in Christ!
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Fairfax Kids Baptism Workshop
The Fairfax Kids Baptism Workshop equips and guides parents in helping their child understand what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus. Beginning with God’s creation of the earth and mankind and how sin separates us from God, this interactive workshop explains God’s plan for our redemption through Jesus Christ. This workshop is for kids who want to:
- Discover more about becoming a part of God’s family through trusting in His Son, Jesus.
- Publicly declare their decision to trust Jesus through baptism
- Strengthen their growing faith in Jesus by trusting Him as their Lord and Savior