Many couples spend hours and hours planning their wedding but fail to make that same time investment in planning their married life together. We encourage you as a couple to take advantage of this time to prepare for marriage. We pray that during these weeks and months of preparation and planning, you will enjoy what God is doing in your relationship, as you learn to serve each other and glorify God.
Couples who would like to have their wedding ceremony at Fairfax Community Church and/or have one our pastors officiate their wedding ceremony at another venue need to meet the following requirements:
- Be followers of Jesus Christ.
- At least one of the partners should regard Fairfax Community Church as their home church and be a regular attender at worship services.
- Complete and submit the Wedding Request form.
- Complete and submit the Premarital Questionnaire, and participate in a premarital counseling session.
- Participate together in our Looking Toward Marriage classes, which are held throughout the year.
- Agree to and sign the Purity Promise Covenant.
- Meet with the pastor who will officiate your wedding ceremony.