Learn. Grow. Lead.
Anyone considering a career in vocational church ministry or leadership who is near the end or has recently completed his or her undergraduate degree. Fellows should be able to agree to and sign the Staff Covenant and Expectations document.
Fellows work 40 hours a week for their department under the supervision of a staff member and the Fellows Director. Fellows should be prepared with their own computer and transportation.
Fellows participate in weekly meetings designed to encourage personal and spiritual development through coaching, readings, and classes taught by pastors and leaders at Fairfax Church.
Salary & Benefits
Fellows are paid a bi-weekly salary and are given three weeks of paid vacation alongside the provided 11 holidays. Please note that Fellows will be expected to work all Christmas Eve and Easter services since these are the largest events in our calendar year.
As a Fairfax Fellow, you’ll gain hands-on experience in the ministry area of your choice.
Many tasks and responsibilities will be based on individual interests and the changing needs of the department.
- Receive hands-on experience with all facets of children’s ministry
- Utilize creativity to edit and implement curriculum
- Prepare fun and engaging weekend environments
- Recruit, develop, and assist with the ongoing training of volunteers
- Plan and implement events
- Lead a student ministries small group
- Plan events and retreats
- Lead from the platform according to his or her gifting
- Communicate with small group leaders
- Write and edit small group curriculum
- Offer pastoral care and relational support to leaders and congregation
- Lend creativity and administrative skills for systems and events
- Lead events for care groups and other care initiatives
- Develop content for curriculum and promotions
- Be available for services and evenings as needed
- Receive hands-on experience in all facets of local and global outreach ministry here in Fairfax and around the world
- Organize, lead and engage volunteers for local outreach projects and global impact trips.
- Participate in local outreach with our partners; gain an understanding of Fairfax County systems of support and resources.
- Assist in developing a huddle group of outreach ministry leaders.
- Work with our communications team to develop creative social media and marketing platforms and sharing stories of impact
- Contribute to planning and team development of Fairfax Worship
- Lead worship on-platform (instrumentally and/or vocally)
- Lead worship off-platform (this would mean serving in production on lights, monitors, ProPresenter, etc.)
- Develop writing, photography, videography, and editing skills
- Help plan team events
Discipleship & Engagement
- Provide ongoing care and encouragement for groups and leaders.
- Ensure newcomers are quickly connected on weekends.
- Assist in keeping accurate data records for Fairfax Groups.
- Help create content and curriculum for weekly small groups.
Interested? We're accepting new applicants to the Fairfax Fellows Program.
HEAR FROM FORMER FELLOWS
My fellowship was both professionally and spiritually a life-changing experience. I learned how God gifted me, how to lead, and was given foundational ministry insights that have shaped the way I do ministry today. I was shown how to radically love God and love others with my whole life.Josh FalkeFormer Student Ministries Fellow
Fairfax’s Fellowship program helped develop my skills in production and tech. It provided valuable hands-on experience that allowed me to gain the confidence and skill set I needed to be successful in the church production field.Lindsey WillFormer Worship & Production Fellow
The Fairfax Fellows program was a unique opportunity to gain hands-on experience in my area of vocational interest. I was given lots of room both to grow and to explore different passions while working alongside full-time staff members. The skills I gained and the lessons I learned were invaluable in preparing me for a full-time role in church ministry. Thanks, Fairfax Fellows Program, for an amazing experience!Jeanetta GregoryFormer Worship Fellow
Being a Fellow has taught me how to take a vision or an idea for a ministry and to create and implement it practically. At Fairfax, you will have bosses who are extremely welcoming and understanding. It's an incredible opportunity to watch God provide for you and care for you as you pursue your calling.Tori JohnstoneFormer Fairfax Kids & Student Ministries Fellow