Hebrews is a masterful document written to the Jews who were trying to evaluate Jesus as the true Messiah, that he was the better version of everything that had gone before.
All scripture passages have been taken from the Life Application Study Bible NIV, Tyndale/Zondervan Publishing House
Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil— and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death. For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants. For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. – Hebrews 2:14-18
- What does this narrative tell me about God?
- What does this tell me about people and myself?
- How does it clarify my view of God, Jesus and myself?
- What needs to change in my life in order to live in obedience to this passage?
- Given those who I am in a relationship with, who might be interested in knowing this too?