The book of Mark is the proclamation of Jesus as Messiah. Jesus basically redefined the concept of the Messiah. People were looking for a Messiah but not in the way that Jesus presented himself. He instead showed the kind of Messiah the people needed not the kind they were looking for.
- What does this narrative tell me about God?
- What does this tell me about people and myself?
- How does it clarify my view of God, Jesus and myself?
- What needs to change in my life in order to live in obedience to this passage?
- Given those who I am in a relationship with, who might be interested in knowing this too?
All video clips linked to The Bible Project on Youtube.com and all scripture passages linked to Biblegateway.com.