Lots of people talk about social justice and what’s wrong in the world.
Justice is important to God too. It’s so important, that how to live justly is a consistent theme throughout the Bible. Following Jesus means we have to know Him, and part of knowing Him is knowing what’s important to Him. So if it’s important to God, it should be important to us.
In spending time reflecting on what God says about justice, it is our hope that your heart will resonate with God’s to act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with God. It’s no easy task, but it’s a worthy calling. As we apply God’s heart of justice, we’ll see ourselves, and others, changed as the kingdom of heaven comes to earth.
“Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him, and he will bring justice to the nations… In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; he will not falter or be discouraged till he establishes justice on earth. In his teaching the islands will put their hope” Isaiah 42:1-4
- What does this narrative tell me about God?
- What does this tell me about people and myself?
- How does it clarify my view of God, Jesus and myself?
- What needs to change in my life in order to live in obedience to this passage?
- Given those who I am in a relationship with, who might be interested in knowing this too?