Peter is writing this letter to a group of Gentile (non-Jewish) Christians who are being persecuted on numerous fronts and have begun to lose hope. I Peter is a message of hope in the midst of challenging times. It’s as relevant today as it was 2,000 years ago. People are looking for hope. They are looking for something to hold onto in a time of uncertainty. They are looking for something unshakable and transcendent.
Read 1 Peter 1:1-12
- What does this narrative tell me about God?
- What does this tell me about people and myself?
- How does it clarify my view of God, Jesus and myself?
- What needs to change in my life in order to live in obedience to this passage?
- Given those who I am in a relationship with, who might be interested in knowing this too?